To be continued… Pls read the “ DX Delphi RAD Studio Part 1. "
Delphi is the fastest way to write, compile, package and develop cross-platform native applications with flexible cloud services and broad Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity.
Target billions of devices running Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and Linux, using the same native code base with services for Enterprise Strong Development.
The reason why most of fast Developers pick RAD Studio because it delivers the speed for development more than 5 times as per usual and deployment across multiple platforms.
From the previous review, we have already discussed about these solutions: Fast Development, Single Code Base, Database, Middle Tier, Windows, Mac OS. Today we will cover the rest of Delphi RAD Studio solutions.
1. Code faster and smarter with a single code base:
With FireMonkey, developers could build apps faster with a single source code base that cross-compiles for Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android.
2. Secure native compilation:
Apps made with RAD Studio are 100% native on every platform.
3. Code Faster with full language support:
All language features are supported across all platforms to ensure you get to market faster.
From the simplest loops and variables to the modern generics, anonymous methods, parallel programming libraries, run-time type information (reflection), etc. they are all there!
4. Modern Flexible Libraries:
Delphi libraries are designed to ensure they support you today and into the future by encapsulating modern object-oriented practices.
5. ARC for mobile:
Compile Delphi and C++ code for mobile with full ARC implementations, your applications will be able to run perfectly fast and smoothly regardless of the hardware.
II. Internet of Things (IoT):
The IoT inter-connection between these gadgets and devices has the potential to create remarkable, entirely new user experiences that integrate the physical environment.
- Cross Platform IoT Connectivity:
There are over 50 easy to use components, with support for solutions built on Bluetooth, WIFI, and REST communication protocols.
- Interconnected applications:
Very powerful for extending the utility of existing desktop and mobile apps to integrate IoT.
- iBeacon, AltBeacon & Eddystone:
Support ensures all the leading beacon standards are usable from a single component, keeping beacon integration fast and simple.
- Indoor “GPS-Free” tracking:
BeaconFcene enables developers to quickly integrate a precise “GPS-Free” indoor/outdoor user location tracking and events with radial and geometric zones for any physical location and layout.
- Develop RESTful networks of devices:
Develop a ThingPointand connect it your RAD Server instance to expose local devices through a centralized RESTful API.
- IoT components:
The IoT components cover devices from healthcare to fitness and home automation. Included are both BluetoothLE (BLE) and Z-Wave device components.
The Multi-device application platforms in Delphi enable developers to deliver truly connected, modern mobile and desktop applications on multiple client’s OS’s and form factors.
1. Access to Cloud-Based RESTful Web Services:
RAD Studio has a REST Client library, available on all platforms, and focused on simplifying the invocation of REST services by any third party provider.
2. Amazon and Azure Services:
Connect to Amazon and Azure services, including all services: application, database storage with the RAD Studio Amazon API and Azure API.
3. Connect with BaaS providers:
Integrate cloud based services from Back-end as a Service (BaaS) providers, Kinvey, Parse, and App42, with components for popular BaaS services push notifications, authentication, and storage
4. Build your own MEAP:
RAD Server offers Push Notifications server support for iOS and Android, integrated authentication, real-time API usage analytics and more.
Develop and expand the IDE with your own components and IDE plug-ins, or why not sell them to others!
- Extend the IDE!
RAD Studio has a powerful API allowing you to extend or modify the IDE’s behavior. There is a rich ecosystem of both open and closed source add-ons.
- Build and Design with Your Own Controls:
Want to write a new button? A new tree control? Tweak an existing one? Or used to something like MFC? Don't worry, we got it all covered!
- Join our Most Valued Professional or Partner programs!
AppAnalytics is an analytics and tracking service, hosted by Embarcadero Technologies.
1. Understand your users, wherever they are, with AppAnalytics:
- Track and measure:
- How often apps are used.
- Which platforms they are running.
- What features customers are using.
- Find and log crashes and more.
- Understand user behavior by collectingusage stats from end users anonymously.
- Monitoring the existing Windows VCL apps, FireMonkey mobile and desktop apps from users today in order to deliver better solutions.
2. Deeper understanding drivers better applications:
- Ready to take AppAnalytics to the next level and need more events or more apps? Simply contact your local Embarcadero sales department and request an AppAnalytics upgrade.
- In case you’re looking for free trial (30 days) on this feature, let’s check out: http://appanalytics.embarcadero.com for more details.
With Delphi, Embarcadero Technologies has provided to Developers such a powerful to increase their performance, expand creativity and cost saving.
Delphi is the choice for fast single source code development on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android and Linux.