Delphi is an integrated development environment (IDE) for rapid application development of desktop, mobile, web, and console software, developed by Embarcadero Technologies (an US software company that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports products and services related to software through several product divisions).
- Delphi is also an event-driven language.
- Its compilers use their own Object Pascal dialect of Pascal and generate native code for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS (IA-32 only), iOS, Android and Linux (x64 only).
- Delphi includes a code editor, a visual designer, an integrated debugger, a source code control component, and support for third-party plugins.
I. Fast Development, Single Code Base:
Create apps for all platforms, with less coding effort, the RAD Studio IDE, frameworks and libraries make development easier while enabling developers to deliver more impressive results at the same time!
1. One Codebase, One Team
- Manage one codebase, one team, and one schedule, to support multiple platforms without sacrificing performance.
2. Key benefits:
- Developers can create apps for all platforms, with less coding effort.
- Development Managers can reduce cost and complexity: one dev team, one code base, one budget, one schedule.
- Executives can increase satisfaction and gets their multi-device strategy to market fast to stay ahead of competitors.
With FireDAC, a powerful cross platform database components of Delphi, it will make data accessible at design-time and run-time. Connect to the leading databases faster and easier with FireDAC.
1. Explore your database direct from the IDE:
The Data Explorer enables developers to navigate quickly between: database tables, views, stored procedures, etc. directly from the RAD Studio IDE.
2. Blazing fast, optimized for speed and stability:
With its powerful universal architecture, FireDAC enables native high-speed direct access from Delphi and C++Builder to InterBase, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and more, including the NoSQL Database MongoDB.
3. Heterogeneous queries:
FireDAC Local SQL enables developers to quickly combine data sources to run Heterogeneous queries across multiple types of data source.
4. Business Grade Embeddable SQL Database:
InterBase is the cross-platform DB engine of choice for ISVs and developers who require a commercial-grade database with an ultra-low total cost of ownership.
- Delivers Enterprise database features at ultra-low pricing in a SQL database engine that you can deploy inside your own installer.
- Small footprint so is also widely used as a deeply embeddable database working across Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS and Android.
III. Middle Tier:
RAD Studio offers the perfect frameworks to modernize existing code and write new, fast, compiled cross platform server and client applications.
- RAD Server - The perfect MEAP back-end for Delphi and C++Builder apps:
RAD Server is easy to develop, deploy and operate making it well-suited for ISVs and OEMs building re-deployable solutions.
- DataSnap - Enterprise Application Server:
Enables you to create data and application services, like Custom APIs, that can be accessed from client apps on Windows, Web, iOS, Android and more!
- SOAP - Servers and Clients:
Building and consuming SOAP servers are ultra easy with RAD Studio! Importing a WSDL document allows you to get coding against a remote server in seconds while developing a server with automatically generated WSDL documents.
- REST Client Libraries and BaaS:
Available on all platforms, which focuses on simplifying the invocation of REST services by any third party provider.
RAD Studio enables developers to transform existing products to take full advantage of Windows 10 faster than with any other native Windows development tool.
- Fast Native Windows Components:
The Visual Component Library (VCL) enables developers to develop application and user interfaces for Microsoft Windows rapidly.
- Fastest way to Windows 10 and millions of Windows 10 users:
Through packaging applications for the Windows Desktop Bridge, support for the Windows 10 Store is only a few minutes away from any project.
- Modern Windows 10 Controls everywhere!
Integrate the latest Windows 10 controls to boost your application desirability.
- Win32 & Win64 as standard:
Build for Win32 or Win64 targets from the same code by simply recompiling.
- Rapid WinRT API Integration:
WinRT is the default native programming interface for Windows 8 and beyond.
- COM and ActiveX made simple!
ActiveX and COM are Windows-based features that enable specifically installed functionality to be shared between applications, e.g.
- Flexible look and feel:
User interface styles provide a modern look and feel to new and existing code bases.
- Fast Service-based Applications:
Quickly build non-visual applications, as console apps, Windows Services, and IIS or Apache based web modules.
V. Mac OS:
Get to market faster on multiple devices for the first release – and every release after that – while keeping costs down.
- Create your apps once and click to compile to Android, iOS, Windows &MacOS:
RAD Studio speeds and simplifies MacOS application development for Windows developers.
- Deliver your apps via the Mac App Store:
Develop Mac App Store applications without the effort of learning and use an additional IDE and programming language for each additional platform.
- Fast Data on your Mac:
With the cross-platform InterBase, it will be a developer’s dream, offering award winning business grade capabilities in a fast, small footprint, ideal for use on any device.
- Enhanced User Experience:
Give your Mac users the experience they expect with a native user experience built from pixel perfect native GPU drawn controls.
RAD Studio is the fastest way to write, compile, package and deploy cross-platform native applications. There are tons of new features that will help developer a lot in programming.
There are few more features that will be discussed in our next review, stay tuned for more!
To be continued… Pls read the “DX Delphi RAD Studio Part 2.”